JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant Fiscal Officer, Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: Determined based on experience
JOB SUMMARY: Provide administrative support to the Fiscal Officer
SUPERVISOR(S): Fiscal Officer
Accurately performs day to day accounting functions and duties of the Fiscal Officer in accordance with established guidelines and practices as assigned by the Township Fiscal Officer. Maintain Township’s filing system including records retention schedule and coordinating the destruction of records. Remain current with payroll procedures and ability to fill in when necessary. Employee must be able to perform general administrative and clerical work.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Distribute copies of completed purchase order to respective departments
- Maintain vendor files
- Receive and verify invoices to ensure correct amount is paid, correct appropriation codes, no duplication, due dates are met.
- Input invoice data into accounting system and issue checks for signature
- Prepare and mail vendor payments
- Maintain updated list of vendors on accounting system
- Remain current with software updates and training
- Initiate Positive Pay report
- Input receipts into UAN system
- Make bank deposits
- Maintain and update record retention schedule according to guidelines and mandates
- Scan and index documents into retention software
- Coordinate record destruction and storage
- Acts as Secretary for the Records Commission
- Preforms Public Records requests, redacting files when needed
- Review time sheets for accuracy and supervisor’s approval
- Ensures documentation is consistent with labor contract agreements
- Enter payroll date into computer payroll system
- Issue vouchers of earnings and deductions
- Process payroll by established deadlines and labor agreements
- Transmit EFT payroll by required due dates
- Maintain leave records
- Update employee payroll records and deductions
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Reconcile employee deductions and submit required reports
- Process payroll taxes and other deductions
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Remain current with software updates and training
Administrative Duties and Support
- Assist Fiscal Officer with reports, minutes, and spreadsheets
- Responsible for filing and maintaining the filing system
- Other Administrative duties as assigned
High School education or GED equivalent
Knowledge of accounts payable/receivable and payroll functions through education or experience
Standard knowledge of office principles, procedures, equipment, and technology
Valid Ohio driver’s license
Proof of citizenship and/or eligibility to legally work in the United States
Maintain a professional appearance and attire
Must pass pre-employment background and credit checks
Must pass drug, alcohol, and nicotine screenings
Must be bondable
Notary public license, desired
Knowledge of UAN accounting system, desired
Other training, if hired – CPIM (investments), Ethics, Public Records, ACH (banking)
Skills and Qualifications
Effective Communication Skills – verbal and written
Customer Service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Understand and follow oral and written instructions
Data Entry Skills – collection, analysis, and management
Work as a team member to promote a positive work environment
Ability to work independently
Organize and prioritize work assignments
Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Environment – Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with interaction with the general public and Township employees. May be required on occasions to work extended hours and attend multi-day trainings out of town.
Physical – Work involves sedentary to light work in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolong periods; required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger or handle; occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist; lift, carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; and operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement. Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. See in the normal visual range with or without correction. The noise level in this environment is usually quiet with occasional increase in noise levels due to equipment/vehicles. Must participate in and adhere to the Township’s Drug Free Workplace and Tobacco Free Hiring policies.
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return to:
ATTN: Fiscal Officer
2610 Columbus Ave.
Sandusky, OH 44870.
Applications are located at our website: www.perkinstownship.com
Application deadline is June 24, 2020 at 4:00pm
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Perkins Township is a Drug Free and Nicotine Free Workplace.
The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the positon.
Reasonable accommodations, as prescribed by the Americans with Disabilities Act, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions and will be determined on a case by case basis.