Licenses & Permits

Perkins Township does not have a local income tax. 

We do, however, have a 3% bed (Hotel Lodging Excise) tax.

Perkins Township Planning & Development Department requires the following permits and licensing prior to commencing certain types of work.

Other Types of Permits Required by Perkins Township

  • General Contracting
  • Electrical
  • Mechanical
  • Roofing
  • Signs
  • Fences/Decks/Sheds
  • Pools

Click Here For Licensing


A permit shall be obtained prior to: moving or demolishing a structure, any change to a structure, new construction, including decks, sheds, & fences, changes to mechanical or electrical systems of a building, building in a flood zone area, working in a Township or County right-of-way, or connecting to water/sewer mains. Some permits may be obtained by a property owner or his/her authorized agent, others must be applied for by a certified and licensed contractor. Please contact the Building Department for lists of licensed contractors or an application to become a licensed contract at 419-609-1435.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window