Phone: (419) 609-1400
Fax: (419) 609-1410
Perkins Township is a strong, Midwestern community known for its diversity. More than 12,760 residents call
Perkins Township home. Located between the Ohio Turnpike and Cedar Point,
Perkins Township is the second largest political subdivision in Erie County.
The first settlers moved into the township area in the early 1800s. The township was part of the Firelands, the westernmost portion of the Connecticut Western Reserve. The land was given to citizens of Connecticut whose homes were destroyed by fire during the Revolutionary War. It was named after Elias Perkins who was one of the members of the board of proprietors who surveyed the land and laid out the roads.
Perkins Township, long ago, established itself as a crossroads community, which has helped it develop into a solid, economically sound township. It is a community of peaceful, well-maintained neighborhoods and a healthy public school system offering its children the opportunity to grow and to learn. Farming, commerce and industry are also important parts of Perkins Township’s make-up. In the southeastern most corner of the township is an internationally known center of science - the Plum Brook Station of NASA’s Lewis Research Center. Three trustees govern the township and a fiscal officer is responsible for its finances and maintaining the Township's records. Under their supervision, the Perkins Township Trustees have established a fire department, a police department, a highway maintenance department, and a planning and development department.
For more information contact the Administration Office located at:
Perkins Township Services Facility,
2610 Columbus Ave., Sandusky, OH 44870